Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Best Friend's Birthday

Well I got somewhat tired of snow adventures (every trip out of the house could have proved to be a post. I'm glad (despite the objections of some) that the snow is melting. It was beautiful and yes I love snow and yes I'm very glad that we had a white Christmas.....but I'm glad it is going.

As I think about the snow and Christmas I'm reminded about how different the true meaning of Christmas is from what we normally think of as “Christmas” I frequently think of that warm happy feeling of goodwill and giving. However, it has nothing to do with giving, peace, or our happiness. It is a birthday party for one Person and one only. We celebrate because of Jesus. I think it is great that all over the world people celebrate my Best Friend's birthday!

1 comment:

Isaacme said...

Yes. I'm glad that the snow is melting too.

My Blog List