Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow Adventures Part 3

Today I had choir practice and I was tired of taking the bus so I drove. Every thing wen fine. The roads were almost clear. I kind of parked in a snow drift but after choir practice I was able to get out of it just fine. However I didn't want to back out of the parking lot so I drove through the back. Well there is quite a steep hill in the back parking lot and I found myself slipping down it and sideways at and angle into the cement blocks. I did the only thing I could think of to do. Put the gas all the way down. It made a horrible sound but it worked. I was able to keep going and finally got back to the comfort of the traveled road. The roads were very nice except while I was waiting at a stoplight and both the large raised pickup trucks that were on either side of me had their back ends swerving slightly. Either one oft hem could have crushed me but God was looking out for me and there wasn't a scratch on my car. If only everyone would drive safely in the snow!

As soon as I got home I headed out with my mom to visit my grandfather and then my grandmother. The roads were fine still and other drivers seemed to be considerate enough to not try to kill me. (ah how sweet) We got there and back again without any incidents. Then both of us took hot showers. Ahhhh lovely.

Then I started cleaning my room but found myself typing out these posts instead. As I did so I looked out the window and saw my brother. As I peer out from my warm bedroom I see him run about 8 feet and then slide on the ice over the lower part of the field for about 15 feet and then dissatisfy behind in a crash landing behind some tall grass. Considering that he never seems to get cold he is probably having a wonderful time. I strongly believe that no matter how smooth the ice was I probably would come to a stand still as soon as I tried to slide. Maybe by the end of winter I'll learn how to slide on the ice. For now, though, I am happy to be sitting inside sipping hot Chai Tea.

It is supposed to snow again tonight. I wonder what tomorrow shall hold for snow adventures.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

ohh I am so glad you are safe! PTL!

Isaacme said...

lol. Well apperently you can slide when your in the car just not when your on foot.

My Blog List