Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Sigh of Relief

Ah a sigh of relief. I turned in my last final yesterday morning. It felt so good to be rid of that thing. Although I had an unusually peaceful finals week (being at home sick and studying) I am so glad that now I have tons of time to do fun things. I'm excited to go to parties, bake cookies, Christmas carol, go Christmas shopping with friends and brothers. It twill be great.

I'm also excited to start wrapping up Good News Clubs. My kids have been great and I will miss not seeing them. The really sad part is that I will not be coming back after Christmas break. I have other people who will be taking over the clubs for me and I have no doubt that they are quite capable and will rightly divide the Word of Truth.

Right now I'm in my bedroom surrounded by many of the things that used to be in my closet. You see, as soon as I finished my finals I took everything I could out of my closet and dumped it on the floor. Some of it has started to go back. Now I am stuck with those things that I really can't get rid of and yet really have not place to put. So once I find a place for those I can start organizing my bookshelves, then my craft and sewing bins, then my hope chest, then my chest of drawers. At least those are all relatively small projects. It would be nice, though, if at some point during break I could walk from one side of my room to the other.

Since this post is relatively scrambled anyway I thought I could include a story about my experience yesterday:

I wake up ready for the day to begin with a list in my head of exactly what I need to do when and where I need to go and how I need to get there. First I need to go to the church and take care of the library there, I can drive my car for this part. Then I need to drive to downtown and park my car in the parkade. Then I walk to the bus stop. It is pouring down rain. Both of the buses I thought I could take were leaving as I approached the station. Fortunately the station is dry. Finally another bus comes. I take it to school and then walk over to my teachers office and drop my final off in her box in the English department office. Then back to the bus stop. I take a quick detour to the computer lab. Back on a bus headed down town I realize that my pants are soaked. I also realize that I forgot my badge that is required for all employees. By the time I get to the station it is raining even harder. Every thing about me feels very wet as I enter the building and ask the receptionist for a “tacky looser name tag” (those who forget their badges get to wear a stick on name tag) I get one and write down my name and head to Amy's office to tell her I'm done with school for the quarter. Then to the kitchen to get a water bottle. Then back to reception where I cover for a few minutes. By the time the main receptionist is back some of my friends from Customer Support are downstairs and we all head to Starbucks. I believed that I was as soaked as I could possibly get so what harm could it do to go back out into the rain. Well by the time I finally sit down at my desk I realize that my jeans are soaked all the way up to just below the knee. How someone could get that wet I don't entirely know. I know that my pants were long and my shoes very flat....but up to the knee. I guess water can travel up your pant leg. I got dry just in time to go out again on break to get lunch and then again to go on a break with some friends that afternoon. Each time I came in I wished I hadn't gone out. “I want a hair dryer, or a new pair of pants....why can't it just snow?” that is the real question. When is it going to snow?!

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

No comments:

My Blog List