Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow Adventures Part 2

On Friday I went to work. My parents went Christmas shopping so dropped me off at the closest bus station so I didn't have to walk (they're the best) then On the bus and I got off at the closest stop to work. I walked in and the cold came in with me causing the receptionist to shiver. As I started to prepare a latte from the very amazing coffee maker at work another friend came out of his office “so Janel” he said slyly “I see you still have your coat on” Knowing that there was some motive other than concern in his words I replayed “because I'm COLD” Well Dan is the marketer of all marketers so somehow in the discussion he convinced me to get him something from the Black Drop if I got to use his gift certificate for me to. However he failed to actually describe to me what he wanted so we ended up both going out in the cold. Me in my warm coat, Him in his hockey jersey. The warm blackness was worth the short walk. Then up to work where I actually started to thaw out.

Since it was too cold to go anywhere I mostly stayed in my seat although I did get to cover reception for a while Then in the late afternoon a friend and I decided to brave the weather to the bank and Starbux. She was a good girl and got some tea. I, on the other hand, got the signature hot chocolate. Oh yummieness. When we got back I started looking at the bus schedule as I explained to some poor Asian man the differences between Logos, Thomas Nelson, and Libronix (the call was about 35 minutes just for me to find that someone else had had the same conversation with him already – poor man) I called my friend Nicole to tell her that I loved her but not enough to wait at the bus stop in 7 degree weather and hence would not be coming to her house. Then I realized that none of the connections that I needed on the bus connected very well. I saw myself sitting at the bus stop for half and hour waiting in the cold for that bus. The image gave me shivers. I told one of my sweet, compassionate, caring friends that if I died that night she and her roommates could have the furniture in my room. Her response? “Oh GOODIE!!!” (I love you too Bethany.)Well I called my dad and he said he could pick me up once I got to the community college. So I took the bus from the downtown station to the station at the college.
We ended up half an hour late because the road around the mall turn into part of the parking lot (as in there were so many cars there that everyone was stopped.) I think that all of the county and maybe half the next county were there. My dad was waiting for me (the poor man had a horrible cold) That evening I thawed out to some warm pot pie and a Christmas movie with my family.

No comments:

My Blog List