Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow Adventures Part 1

So on Wednesday my brothers and I decided to go for a walk. I seriously regretted it by the time I got home. For one thing I just can't slide. I watched my brothers run and then slide along the road. Every time I tried it I came to an abrupt stop and nearly landed on my face. Sigh!

Then on Thursday I woke up and decided I wanted to go Christmas shopping. I proposed at the breakfast table that my brothers and I walk (I didn't learn the first time) to the bus stop and head over to Walmart and to the mall. So we bundled up and walked a half mile in the wind and snow to the bus stop. It was about 15 minutes late but the warmth of the bus was worth the wait. Then we continued on to Walmart and did a little Christmas shopping and a little clothes shopping. Then we started our careers as professional bag stuffers. See we didn't want to take more bags that we needed since we didn't want to carry them. We also didn't want the bags to break. Once we got the perfect balance we walked back out into the bitter cold and walked all the way to the community college. We took a delightful detour to Starbucks on our way there. Hmmmmm. There are few things as wonderful as an eggnog latte when you are freezing cold.

From the community college we took a bus to the mall where we did some Christmas shopping and then had lunch and a very yummy Cinabon (yes it was a high calorie sort of day) then one of my brothers shopped for some jeans while I took a quick stop at the beauty salon to burn my face, I mean wax my eyebrows. Then we ran back to the food court and into the movie theater and watched Madagascar 2. It was very funny. Yes, somewhat childish, or silly, or dumb but funny none the less. Then a tiny bit more shopping and back on the bus. We had to stop at the station and catch another bus. We huddled with other freezing people in the shelter and then onto the warm bus. Then the half mile walk home again. Ah warmth!

4 comments:

Stormgirl said...

Oooh what fun!!! You saw Madagascar!!! Awesome... was "Freddy" in it?

Janel said...

lol of course!

I think that it was better than the first one. I liked it better at least. :)

Anonymous said...

oh! I liked it better too! It was so funny, so sweet, and they were not mad at each other the whole time!! :o) fun day!

Isaacme said...

It was a very fun outing.

My Blog List