Monday, December 22, 2008

Whiter Than the Snow

As I look out over the field and the blanket of snow I'm amazed at how white the snow is. The sheep that I used to call “white” now look dirty and brown. The snow is so white and pure that it makes everything else dirty in comparison. It has covered the brown field making it a gorgeous pure whiteness. The field was full of dead, ugly, brown grass before. That is kinda like our lives. We were rotting and dead in our sins but Christ has made us pure and white. The Bible says that we are WHITER than the snow. It calms my heart and lifts my spirits to see whiteness all around me and know that when God looks on me He sees me even whiter than this.

3 comments:

Isaacme said...

Great analogy sis. Actually sheep are rather filthy.

Janel said...

true....but they look a lot whiter before the snow comes. :)

Historian Anne said...

Hum, what a beautiful truth. Nothing is more sweet since, we really are sheep, filthy.
Merry Christmas Janel!

My Blog List