Saturday, January 3, 2009

Blogger's Block

Ok so I guess I've been suffering from a sort of writer's block. Or blogger's block. Something like that. So I have decided to steal the thoughts of someone else who is much wiser than I. I'm reminded of Marie's line “smart dead guys”. However this time I'm not quoting a smart dead guy. I'm quoting a smart dead woman. Amy Carmichael is one of my favorite authors. She is also one of my favorite people in history to read about. I pray for her wisdom, strength, and bravery.


Psalm 142:10 “Let Thy loving Spirit lead me forth into the land of righteousness.”

When I was a school girl I read James Gall's 'Primeval Man Unveiled.' One wonderful day I sat on a stool at the feet of the writer of that book, and asked him to explain things I had not understood. I wondered, as I looked up into the face of that old man, at the loving joy I saw there.

I understand that joy better now. I know that there are few joys so great as to be asked, by one in earnest to understand, what the words one has written mean.

Is it not wonderful to think that we may give joy to the Writer of our Book by asking Him to open it to us? We do not think enough of the love of the Spirit of God. Here is a prayer for all who want to enter into the land whose wealth is prepared for us: Let thy loving Spirits lead me forth into the land of righteousness.

May we all be led further and further into that land in this new year.

4 comments:

Stormgirl said...

Mmmm... I have "blogger's block" too, but it doesn't last very long. lol
Thanks though for posting, there is such truth in those words of Amy Carmichael. God so delights in us asking Him about His word.

Historian Anne said...

Yes, the presence and promise of the Spirit is so wonderful. "Who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory"-Ephesians 1:14

Isaacme said...

Wow if only I had read this blog post before our game tonight.

Anonymous said...

Amy Carmichael is my favorite poet ever, and she has the most profound and convicting quotes. Thanks for sharing some!

My Blog List