Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Young Timothy (another book report from the Bible)

When I read the book “Do Hard Things” I thought of the books of Timothy written to a young man doing a hard thing.

1 Timothy
The first book to Timothy is where my pastor has been preaching from for the last few weeks. It has been encouraging to me this summer because it tells about Paul's instructions to young Timothy about standing up to those older who are giving falls teaching. Sometimes I think I know just how Timothy felt, all alone, left in charge or a body of people who are not necessarily following God's ways. Paul gives Timothy advice for how to instruct these unruly men and the rest of the congregation.

2 Timothy
In the second letter from Paul to Timothy Paul gives even more instructions to Timothy regarding the church. Paul exhorts Timothy to be strong and to stand as an unashamed workman for Christ. This book is all about Paul encouraging Timothy and exhorting him to stand firm in the faith even though tough times come.

No comments:

My Blog List