Friday, September 5, 2008

Twice Freed (a book report)

Twice Freed by Patricia St. John
This was a short children's book by one of my favorite children's authors. The story begins about a boy named Onisomis and his struggle in slavery. He meets a beautiful girl and would like to someday marry her, however his slavery stands in the way. Every thing he wants in life requires him to be free. His heart is heavy with the thought of being a slave always. Beginning to steal a few items from his master he saves them away and when he finds the opportunity runs away and boards a ship headed far away. Eventually he ends up in Rome where he meets up with the apostle Paul. Onisomis knows that he must go back. He is somewhat fearful of meeting his master and the masters son again. However he also has faith that they will accept him because on a previous visit with Paul Onisomis' master had become a Christian. To find out more abut the story read the book of Philemon.

6 comments:

Aidyn Nicole said...

I've loved every book that i read of hers, but I have never read that one.

Janel said...

I pretty much just picked it up because she wrote it. It was good. :)

Skillet rock! said...

I love how Patricia St. John captures the lives of some lesser known characters in the bible such as Onesimus and brings them alive in your imagination.

Anonymous said...

The nice message

Anonymous said...

Excuse, that I interfere, but I suggest to go another by.

Anonymous said...

Your means of explaining everything in this article is actually nice, all be able
to without difficulty be aware of it, Thanks a lot.


My homepage :: waist to hip ratio calculator

My Blog List