Friday, September 5, 2008

Do Hard Things (a book report)

Do Hard Things by Alex and Bret Harris
Wow, what a rebelution against this generations low standards. About two years ago I started reading the Harris twin's website The Rebelution http://www.therebelution.com/blog/ when they came out with a book I was very excited but it wasn't until recently that I actually got around to reading the book. Their book gives examples of some hard things that teenagers can do that you would never have imagined. Sometimes I feel like my life is hard or that I have obstacles to surmount. This book showed me that I could do even more than that, that I could do things much much harder than what I thought. There were times this summer when I felt I was at a breaking point. This book helped me to see that I can do way more than I did this summer. The Harris brothers give examples of great American's from the past who made choices as young people that made them into the great people we remember them as. They also give examples of teenagers in present times leading political campaigns, leading campaigns for the poor, and organizing large rallies that honor Christ. I would suggest this book greatly for any teenager or any one who works with teens or any one who is considered a young person in society.

No comments:

My Blog List