Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rock Climbing



Hiking is one of outdoor experiences that I enjoy most. Whether I'm backpacking and spending a long strenuous weekend in the mountains, or just going for a stole in the relaxingly flat surfaces of the Midwest and east coast I enjoy walking (or climbing) in God's creation. God is so good to give us this beautiful creation, and for most of us the ability to enjoy it. I truly believe that more people should use this ability to see what God has done. There just in not any thing like coming over a peek and seeing a glacier below your feet, or watching the wild flowers poke their brave heads above the ground and start to blossom.



Even though I enjoy hiking what I enjoy even more is climbing over big boulders or getting to the top of a steep ridge and knowing that I just pulled myself up a cliff face. Although a rock climbing trip isn't complete until I almost fall to my death (or at least great pain) it is all worth it for that feeling of satisfaction that you get as your arms effortlessly (or not) lift your body over a ledge and you collapse at the top.


Today my dad and brothers and I were reminded just how beautiful creation is and how much fun it is to be out in it. These are a few pictures of out trip.




13 comments:

Isaacme said...

Indead. More people should get out and hike.

Janel said...

yes, it is sooooo much fun!

Aidyn Nicole said...

I don't like to hike simply to hike. If it is done simply for enjoyment with no "we have to get here" and I can take all the time I want, then i like it, i think.

Janel said...

oh Nicole...we really need to work on you....*wink*

Aidyn Nicole said...

Good luck! lol

Aidyn Nicole said...

Actually I most enjoy walks that I can stop whenever to take pictures and I mean a lot of pictures from every angle possible.

Janel said...

oh well you can do that with hiking...maybe not rock climbing

Aidyn Nicole said...

well, you do have to have patient people with you.

Janel said...

true...or other peopel who are wanting to take lots of pictures too. :)

Aidyn Nicole said...

that would be nice

Isaacme said...

I'm always taking a picture, running to catch up, taking another picture, then running to catch up. It's a constant cicle.

Aidyn Nicole said...

yea I do that too. but that isn't always enough, sometimes you have to take awhile to get exactly what you want

Unknown said...

Still as beautiful as I remember it. Nice to see, after being stuck in the desert.

My Blog List