Thursday, April 19, 2007

Stages in Life

Lately I have been thinking a lot about how we go through different stages in life. I have noticed that “stages” is a rather controversial issue. Questions such as “Is this child going through a stage or is this something that needs to be corrected?” or “What should a person be doing during the stage of single adult?” I'm sure that you can think of many more issues in regard to stages in life. Then I started thinking about one stage in particular. It is the one and only stage that really matters. It is in preparation for this stage that we have all other stages. It is the time in the eternal existence of our souls that we spend in Heaven. Besides preparing for that ultimate stage nothing else matters in any stage of life. So, during this stage of my life the things that I should be doing is preparing me and those around me to face our LORD.

3 comments:

sgreenjeans said...

Janel, I had this exact thought last night!! BEFORE I read your post!! WOW!
I asked an older lady at church to pray for me as I seek God about "what's next", but then the Lord pointed out to me in my quiet time that it isn't necessarily about "what's next" it's about "what's final"!

Janel said...

That is such a good point Sara.

Balvanz said...

A great reminder, Janel...thank you!

My Blog List