Thursday, April 12, 2007

Complicated?

Sometimes I wonder why it is so complicated to find God's will for my life. I was agonizing over that topic recently. Then all of a sudden it hit me. It isn't complicated at all. I thought of the battles fought in the Bible. God's tactics were simple they included things like: blow trumpets and break jars, have the leader hold up his hands and you will win, get rid of the majority of your army, hit a giant with a stone tossed from a sling, march around a city and then yell, and my favorite, fight and He will keep the sun up! Were all of these easy? I don't think so, but with God's tactics it was simple. As far as I know there is no record of God giving orders of some complex military tactic that involves more than two or three things to be done. I'm not saying that what He did say to do were always easy (Moses had to have men help him keep his arms up because it was too difficult to do all day, the men of Israel still had to fight, David had to know how to use a sling...) Just like God's war tactics so are His tactics (often) for our lives. What are the tactics in my life as of late?

DOING- continuing to do the things He has given me to do and to be faithful in the small things. To continue to learn all that I can to prepare myself for whatever may be His plan for my future.

WAITING-waiting patiently for Him to give me the next step in life and trusting in His perfect timing and that He will fulfill his perfect will.

Is this complicated? I don't think so. Is it hard sometimes? You bet it is.

3 comments:

Katie said...

this is a good post!

We have been studying Acts on Wednesday nights and in Acts one it's so interesting to note that the first command given in Acts is to "wait in Jerusalem." Their marching orders were ONLY to wait.

Yes, you're right...His ways are so simple, we sometimes don't give them credit!

sgreenjeans said...

I'm so totally right with you babe! Keep on keepin' on.

Janel said...

That is really neat Katie. It must have been so hard for them to wait, especially when they didn't know exactly what they were waiting for...just like we often don't know exactly what we are waiting for.

My Blog List