Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Softball or Work?

Yesterday when I went to work much of the conversations I had with my manager and other employees revolved around softball, while we did sale an occasional pretzel softball was much more interesting to employ our imaginations with. We were all very enthusiastic about the softball game that night. (For those of you who don't already know, the Assistant Manager at my work and I were on opposing teams.) For the last week there has been scheming and threatening going on at work in reference to softball. Although most of the people that I know from work were cheering for the other team they yelled (quite loudly I might say) for me also.

Furthermore I learned that the “Bumble Bees” are much less scary in person than they are when you are being told all about their skill and many strong points. Also, Despite my fears, it was very fun to play against someone I work with. She kept us entertained (crawling to third base to assure herself that everyone got a “good show”). The entire game was a ton of fun but was made even more fun by the special rivalry and encouragement form coworkers.


So (to get to the point) yesterday was a bit confusing. Work was all about softball and during softball I continually heard voices that reminded me very much of the smell of hot, fresh, golden brown pretzels.

Today was much less confusing. I didn't play softball and I didn't go to work. Tomorrow I am sure I will be back to the fascinating occupation of baking pretzels and discussing softball.

13 comments:

Balvanz said...

lol Janel...that was a fun evening! I'm glad I got to play with you!!! =)

Janel said...

I'm glad we got to play together too.

Here today I go to work and sure enough we are talking about softball again. :)

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to work with someone who has similar interests - I had that when we lived in OR...

Don't get confused though and start trying to play softball at work and make pretzels at the softball park. :)

Katie said...

Maybe you should do softball re-enactments outside the store to attract customers.

"Take me out to the ball game, take me out with the crowd, buy me some pretzels and crackerjack...."

Balvanz said...

"PEANUTS and cracker jacks..." lol that's a great song, we should sing it at softball =)

Janel said...

We should, that would be hilarious. However Paul's version with the PRETZLES is much more appropriate for my work. Singing in front of our storefront would at least keep the other mall employees entertained...and it wouldn't be as scary as the pillow fights that happen at sleep comfort across the way. :)

Abbie you should come visit me some time. Or I should be there some time when you visit lol. Nicole visited me today that was very pleasant and Ashien and sisters visited me the other day too.

Katie said...

I should visit you sometime too. And I'D like to take the credit for the variation on the song, thanks. =) =D

Janel said...

Oh yeah, ooops. Sorry. Very creative.

Yes, actually I think I should take you there some time when I am not on shift....I wouldn't want to work if you came all the way up here.

Anonymous said...

Katie isn't leaving without my go-ahead. :)

Lisa Rae said...

It looks like I'm going to have to take up softball...

Janel said...

Yeah Lisa, maybe you can be pitcher.:)

Lisa Rae said...

Pitcher? Are you kidding? My mother (who claims to love me) makes fun of my throwing abilities!

Janel said...

I know, that is why I suggested it. I thought you needed more confidence. :)

My Blog List