Thursday, April 5, 2007

Anchor in the Storm

Lately my schedule has felt something like a storm. I have been spending my mornings doing an internship at an elementary school. Next I go to work, which happens to be a brand new job (for me) and has a lot for me to learn. Then I go to school where I take a couple of classes. Amidst all of this I still try to keep up with friends and family and a few various ministries. If I didn't have a solid anchor then my mind would constantly be racing and my heart would be beating far about a healthy rate. However, since I have assurance that there is more than this life to look forward to and since I know the One that I serve loves me beyond what I can imagine I have peace in my heart. There are still times when my heart races wildly and my mind is in a million places at one time yet the anchor still holds me fast.

2 comments:

sgreenjeans said...

Wow, Janel! This is so encouraging and poetic

Janel said...

Thank you Sara, it has been good for me to get encouragement from your blog too.

My Blog List