Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Center Ring

“Ladies and gentlemen, now performing in the center ring” Could you say that to those around you in regards to your life? What would they find in that center ring? Would they find Jesus? Or would it be something else? What takes up the majority of your thoughts? I must admit that often there is something in my center ring other than Christ Jesus. Whether it is a career, school, family, marriage, church, ministry, friends or any other number of possibilities for any of us these things are to be in the right and left rings not the center ring. The center ring is reserved only for the cross. There is only room for the cross in the center ring. There is only one thing that can consume us, we cannot serve both God and mammon...or any thing else for that matter. If we are to call ourselves Christians people should know what is in the center ring.

3 comments:

Balvanz said...

Wow, thanks for the challenge Janel! I'm afraid Christ is not always in "the center ring" of my life.

Anonymous said...

As Tony Evans put it: "It's not about you!"

I am afraid that the problem is us... focusing on ourselves instead of Jesus.

Janel said...

That is such a good point Paul. Which is essentially what my post was intended to point out. My analogy (apparently) didn't make sense to every one. So thank you for saying that in plain English.

My Blog List