Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Christ, The One Who Loves Us Most

Is This Romance?

When I was just a little girl.
I'd dream of days gone by
Of dashing prince charming,
And castles in the sky.
Of a story told untold times,
Romantic words of love.
A haunting strain sung again,
A dance from above.

Chorus:
Could this be Him?
Would He woo us in?
And save us from our sin.
Did He take a chance?
Is this romance?
When love was born again.

All too soon I let my dream,
Fade and slip away.
It left me with empty arms,
And a heart gone astray.
The sorrow and the sadness seemed,
Too much for me to bear,
Till I heard that haunting strain again,
In the words of a prayer.

My dream of everlasting love
Came true one fair day
When a brave pure, honest, heart, carried me away.
To and enchanted fairy tale
And a castle in the sky.
Where forever begins today and love will never die.

By Monte Swan, 1997

2 comments:

Balvanz said...

Oh, that is beautiful!!

Janel said...

Thanks, I liked it a lot too. I haven't heard it but I think it would be a really pretty song.

My Blog List