Tuesday, November 11, 2008

We All Like Sheep


As I watch the sheep outside my bedroom window I'm reminded of how God compares us to wandering sheep. I really don't think that this is a compliment. Although it isn't raining at the moment I think of the sheep standing miserably in the rain. Their wool soaked and heavy. I guess they would rather stay out and be miserable than go into the warm bard that their shepherd (our family) has provided.

Sometimes I find myself doing this too with God. Rather than go into the shelter of His presence I would rather, in my own pride, take care of every thing all on my own. (yeah right like that really works)


We like sheep
have gone astray
and turned away from God
our hearts are stained
dark with sin
but Jesus' precious blood
paid the price for our sin
now we can be forgiven
and we like sheep
can hear His voice
and follow God each day

(VBS song)

1 comment:

Corina said...

That's a good picture. Isn't it wonderful when we finally run inside the "shelter" of God's grace after wandering in heart and thought?

My Blog List