Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Letter

“You have a letter at home.” The words didn't register at first as I looked confusedly at my father. “The one you have been waiting for.” he stated with drama. Oh, how was I going to possibly wait until after Bible study to go look at that letter “Is it good ?” I asked. “I don't know” was the simple reply. Well I knew that I needed to completely forget about it until after Bible study if I was going to be able to focus at all. But on the way home I was tempted, very tempted, to speed (I didn't for those of you who wanted to know....or at least not much) I ran into the house and looked on the kitchen counter for the letter. Wasn't there. So I looked on the dining room table. Wasn't there. So I asked my mother where it was. “Oh, in your room” she replied “You're going to read it before you even get your stuff out of the car?” she asked bemused. “Yes!!!” was my response as I ran down the hall and burt out the door toward my room (located just behind the house) there it was sitting on the chair by my desk. Reverently I picked it up and looked at it. It was heavy. It was thick. In a moment I ripped open the envelope. Glancing at the first two lines I saw the words I was looking for “Congratulation! You are one of the candidates we wish to welcome into Elementary Education and look forward to having you in the program.” YES!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I know you've been waiting a while for that letter. Congrats! :)

Janel said...

Thanks Britt, I'm really excited. As I was putting the letter down though...I was like...this is going to be a lot of work. :)

sgreenjeans said...

Congratulations!!! Wow!

My Blog List