Thursday, March 1, 2007

Becoming English

Yesterday around 11:00 I made the realization that I was hungry. And thought to myself Why is it that we only have three meals a day? So I made a decision: I should have been born in the UK. No, I do not have any English blood in me (that I know of) and no I do not laugh out loud at every drop of British “humor” that I hear. It is simply that I have a great fondness for my afternoon tea...and my elevensees and my evening meal after all little heads are laying on soft pillows. I have an appreciation for tea but more importantly I have a soft place in my heart for eating often. I believe that gluttony is a sin with many consequences, however a few biscuits and a cup of tea can do wonders for lifting the mood and stimulating the imagination. Even better than becoming an English woman I believe I should become a hobbit. “Yes, but what about second breakfast?.... and luncheon? Afternoon tea?.....”(Pippin, Lord of the Rings Trilogy) Yes, I believe the transformation will soon begin. I'll become a hobbit, so don't be surprised if you see my feet growing callused and harry and my stature decreasing.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually it's best to have lots of SMALL meals throughout the day. Keeps the metabolism [or something like that] moving. So eating small but often [but not snacking] is suppost to help you loose weight. But seeing as I'm fed by my mom, I don't have a huge choice on when or how much I eat. But maybe the English DO have a point.

Janel said...

1) You don't need to lose weight so that doesn't make a difference for you.

2) you should learn how to cook so that you can eat whenever you want. (And because it is a good skill to know)

Paul DeJarnette said...

I like the idea of eating lots of small meals all day long... I happen to understand the metabolism aspect of your statement, Trevor. I have always keenly felt the distance between meals. If they only sized them smaller and made them occur more frequently, life would be good...

Janel said...

Well said Paul.

sgreenjeans said...

I completely agree! But I often eat every two hours survive best under those circumstances. :D

Anonymous said...

I never had the ability to make the executive decision about eating a meal every two hours. ;)
Actually, that would NEVER be legalized in our home.

Janel said...

Two hours is good. I would do that too but I don't think that will work.

Katie said...

As long as there is jam for the buscuits and sugar for the tea.....

Or would that challenge all the good- health considerations afore-mentioned?

Balvanz said...

LOL--I absolutely LOVE those lines from Lord of the Rings...the hobbits are awesome!!! =)

Janel said...

Well Katie, the jam sounds good but tea is really so much better without sugar.

I really like those lines too Abbie. :)

Paul DeJarnette said...

How come the number of comments always stops at 10?

Janel said...

Because you don't put in the 11th.

My Blog List