Tuesday, March 6, 2007

I Will Follow

Yes Lord
But I''m so confused Lord
How do I know
Where you want me to go?

The still small voice
Calling me to Your perfect choice.
I listen to the world's noise
So many men, women, girls and boys

How will I know when it is You
Though you are so good to call and woo?
I know by Your Holy Word
Though the world tells me it's absurd

The Bible-God's promises to me
Beautiful, like rainbow, flower, and tree
Your promises are true
So You plan and I will follow through.

By Janel Gustafson

8 comments:

Janel said...

I woke up this morning with a new poem going through my head so I thought I should write it down.

Paul DeJarnette said...

Looking at this post and the last, it seems like one thought leads to another... and looks like someone has been putting into practice the instruction of Scripture to meditate. Did you know in Psalm 1 that when it is talking about meditation, its talking about pondering a thought (or Scripture) so much that you talk about it?

Janel said...

I guess there are a lot of things I have been meditating on lately. The planning of God is one of the main ones though.

Paul DeJarnette said...

By planning of God do you mean His Sovereignty with regard to direction for the life of a believer?

Janel said...

Yes, the believer in mind being myself.

Paul DeJarnette said...

Ah, I see.

Balvanz said...

That's a great poem, Janel! But how you wrote it in the morning, I don't know! I write ninety percent of my poetry in the dark hours of the night. =)

Janel said...

Normally if I'm going to write a poem it is because I woke up with one in my head. If that happens then it just takes a few minuets to write it down and it's done.:)

My Blog List