Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Gardening

It feels so good to be out in the garden again, digging up that dark brown earth. There is something terribly satisfying about getting dirt between the fingernails and something outstandingly serene about knowing one has put seeds into the earth that will pop their little heads up in a week or two to say hello. The digging and raking becomes a good workout and producing food for one's family brings a satisfying feeling.
Okay, that is what I have to say about my garden so far. I'll give more details when (if) things come up.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We KNOW something will come up. =)

Nothing's sure in life but taxes and weeds.

I like dirt too, but I haven't had any desire for it yet this year. =) Maybe soon.

Anonymous said...

Gardening + most of us = bad things. I inevitably pull up most of the good stuff and leave the bad when I weed. :)

Janel said...

Well we shall see what comes up. :) Hopefully a lot more than last year.
Maybe you two should put in a garden for Abigail.:)

(Abbie, their sister's name is Abigail also)

Katie said...

IF (or when) I get my annual craving for dirt...I MIGHT put a garden in (or plant a few seeds), BUT I want it to be warm when I do (or at least not cold) so it WON'T happen soon (or maybe it will?)

sgreenjeans said...

Oh, Yes!! I love gardening. :D On Sunday we (our family) were given a whole lot of strawberry plants. Janel I'm sure at least weeds with pretty little white flowers will come up, they always do whether we want them to or not. :)

Janel said...

Last year we hardly had even any weeds. Actually we had quite a few weeds but the ground will be much better this year so we should get a good crop of something or other, even if it is just weeds. :)

Are you planting a garden this year Sara?

Balvanz said...

Lol Janel...go read the post I just wrote...I wrote it before I read yours...I am glad you enjoy gardening... :P

sgreenjeans said...

Yes, our family is working in lots of garden spots this spring, flower gardens, fruit and veggie gardens, and weed gardens. :D I'm serious we have two big huge spots that are just beautifully loaded with little white flowers and little green leaves. Enjoy the great outdoors!! :D

My Blog List