Sunday, March 25, 2007

Update on Life


School and work
It is finally here! It is spring break! I didn't think it would ever come. The slow winter months dragged on and on. Actually, no, they didn't. It seems like just the other day that we were celebrating Christmas! God has blessed me with such a wonderful quarter. I have had such happy times at school. I have enjoyed my teachers and classes. God has blessed me and used me (if even in small ways) to show Himself to others. Now I am busying myself learning about homemaking and visiting with friends (my usual for break time) and finding a job (not my usual for any time) God is good and will provide me with the perfect job. He knows what I need and if He wants me to wait awhile then that is fine too. He has it all in His hands.

Home life
Even though there are some times of excitement most of life is made up of those ordinary every day little acts of love. Those are the most important parts of life. Sometimes those repetitive tasks are just necessary and even if they may seem unappreciated, God sees and blesses those who are faithful to fulfill those little necessary acts of love. The laundry must be folded, the toilets must be scrubbed, the floors will eternally need sweeping and the counters will continually need wiping down. God is terribly clever to put us into homes and He has picked exactly the right family for each of us. We will all learn exactly what we will need for our future homes from the families He has placed us in. He is working out His perfect plan even in those families that aren't perfect and even in the families that have a lot of problems.

Spiritual
God is teaching me two main things right now. One is to trust Him implicitly in every thing. That is not an easy lesson. I tend to lean on my own understanding and to fret about what tomorrow may bring (or not bring) and yet God is so able, more than able, much, much more than able to complete the work started in me. The other thing is to be faithful in little things. If He has given an assignment to me to go to school then I need to learn the most that I can. If He has a job for me, then I need to be the greatest asset to my employer that I can be. If He has given me an assignment to help my family then I need to be the biggest joy giver to those precious members of my family that I can be.

2 comments:

Balvanz said...

I enjoyed that post, Janel. Thanks for the update!! =)

Janel said...

Actually I just felt like I needed to write about every thing going on and then since it was all written down I figured that I would just post some of it. :)

My Blog List