Thursday, March 15, 2007

Dreams

Where do they come from
And where do they go
Slipping in and out through the night
Down the ally way creeping so
They will not be caught
Dashing quickly then crawling slow
Sometimes they give happy memories
And sometimes sad ones full of woe
Touching, creeping, bestowing, then
down the stairs and out they go
Out the door and down the road
They travel sprightly so
They will not be seen as the sun rises
During the day they must stay low
And not be seen by man nor beast
Because their work is secret Oh,
So secret these are the dream givers
Working long hours you know
Giving you dreams.

2 comments:

sgreenjeans said...

This is a really neat poem Janel. It gives an interesting insight to the subject. It maked me think about dreams in a new way. I'd never thought about it before.

Janel said...

Thanks, I got the idea from the book Gossamer by Lowis Lowery. I'll have a short story that I wrote inspired by that book soon.

My Blog List