Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Great Exchange

While reading the book for the third time (it's really that good) “A Young Woman After God's Own Heart” by Elizabeth George I came across these lines.

My weariness for His strength,
My weakness for His power,
My darkness for His light,
My problems for His solutions,
My burdens for His freedom,
My frustrations for His peace,
My turmoil for His calm,
My hopes for His promises,
My afflictions for His balm of comfort,
My questions for His answers,
My confusion for His knowledge,
My doubt for His assurance,
My nothingness for His awesomeness,
The temporal for the eternal, and the impossible for the possible!

9 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Thanks so much for sharing these thoughts - they're awesome! I'm still waiting for my copy of 'A Young Woman After God's Own Heart' to arrive ... I ordered it last week, so hope it will arrive in the mail tomorrow. I can't wait to start reading it! :->

Janel said...

Oh I hope you get it soon. It is a really encouraging book.

Balvanz said...

That was very encouraging.

Anonymous said...

that's really good!

Katie said...

I am ready for you to update. :)

Janel said...

Yeah, I should do that.

Isaacme said...

It's great how God fills in our weaknesses and makes us strong.

Ya, she should update, but no more than I should.

Elisabeth said...

My book arrived!! I started reading it already and it's GREAT so far!! :->

Janel said...

Oh, that is very exciting Elizabeth. I have been reading mine along with some one else so it might be awhile before I get all the way through it this time.

My Blog List