Sunday, July 15, 2007

Renewed

I realized this evening that it has been awhile since I have written a blog post. I figured there were many things that I could say...but I wanted to post something that would encourage and uplift those who read. I decided to open up my Bible to 2 Corinthians (a place the Lord has been having me read from a lot lately) my eye immediately fell on this verse.

2 Corinthians 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.

Is your inner man being renewed? Are you allowing God to work in you and revive your spirit? Life can be so frustrating at times. Much of this week I have been worried and perplexed over several things, and not allowing the Lord to renew me. He has been teaching me that if He can create me (which He obviously can) then He can also fulfill all my desires, if that is in His will. Allow Him to renew your spirit. Your body will eventually die...but your spirit will live on forever. Allow the Lord to renew it in His way and timing.

5 comments:

Elisabeth said...

A new post - yay! :-> Thank you so much for sharing this, Janel. It's very similar to what God has been showing me recently ... thanks for the reminder and the encouragement! :->

Unknown said...

Guess I haven't posted in a bit either :)

Man, that rings so true over here =/ wish I could say that my inner man was always being renewed, but too often stray from focus on Him :(



Couple notes from Okinawa: going to S Korea next week (1.5 months), and the number 21 today :)

Janel said...

Elizabeth it seems like we have quite a bit in common. By the way, I really enjoy getting to know you as one of my blogging friends! :)

Oh, happy birthday Jeremy. Here it isn't until tomorrow though.:)

Unknown said...

Thanks :) wouldn't mind two happy birthdays, here and there.

Isaacme said...

So true sis. What a great verse.

My Blog List