Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Climbing, Climbing, Climbing

Hiking straight up into the mountains. Watching towering cascades and streams combine and flow into rivers. The wind blowing my hair in every direction. Walking along a trail surrounded by tall grass and wild flowers of unbelievable beauty and color and each one unique. Dipping my hands into cool stream, water melted from the snow on the summit and splashing the crystal water over my hot face. The experience made me expect to see Heidi and Peter coming along with their little band of goats traipsing behind them. Even more than that, hiking along a trail surrounded by beauty made me think of the One who has created the towering mountains and the tiny wild flowers. What an awesome God we serve who has made all this beauty and given it to mankind.

This experience happened in Glacier National park. I think it may be one of the most beautiful places on earth. Although there are many places that make me think that. God has created so many unique animals, plants and colors. As I go hiking I realize there there is no color that humans have created. Every color that I have seen on a painters pallet or seen in a Crayola box, I have also seen in creation.

My father, brothers and I took a week long vacation to the Colombia River, Yellowstone National Park, and Glacier National Park. That is why it has been awhile since I have posted. I will try to have more comments about the trip and some pictures soon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is SO beautiful! Your description really makes it come alive. God's creation is amazingly and breathtakingly beautiful! You expected to see Heidi and Peter?!? I think I would have done so too ...

Anonymous said...

Great description sis. That was an amazing hike, and hiking is realy the best way to see God's AWESOME creation.

Katie said...

I can make a comment about the trip: I missed you. :)

I'm so glad you got to go! It was a great description & and I would have loved to be a mouse in your pocket. Glacier didn't make me think of Heidi and Peter...I like that, it should have. :)

Did you do any hiking around Lake MacDonald? I love that lake!! But then, I have a soft spot for lakes. :)

Janel said...

I agree Trevor. Even though I was ready to drop by the time we turned aroud I still felt like going on.

Lake MacDonald? Well it sounds really familiar but I would have to check a map for sure...we were at a lot of different lakes.

Anonymous said...

I don't think we were at lake MacDonald, we may have driven near it thought.

Anonymous said...

WOw! it sounds so beuatiful! I love hiking!

Lizzy said...

Oh!! It all sounds so beautiful! I could feel the sun and the water on my fingers and the wind in my hair ...

God is so good to remind us of Him and His power in such beautiful, breathtaking and awe-inspiring ways!!

My Blog List