Friday, June 29, 2007

After Taking Science

Several years ago I went to Yellowstone National Park with my family. This year we went again; it was a much different experience this time. Although, a few years ago, I enjoyed seeing geysers spurt and spout and the ground bubble and burp, and was amazed by the things God has created. I had much more appreciation for it this time after having taken geology, biology, and physics in my college courses. This trip taught me that there actually is a reason to study geology. It isn't a useless pastime and it does give you more of an appreciation for the things that God causes nature to do.

Today I had a geyser type experience. It didn't amaze me with God's power and creativity. No, it amazed me by mans lack of control. I went outside to turn on our family's sprinkling system. I started by turning the water on, next I studied the dials that we set up a few years ago to figure out which one I wanted to turn. As I was reaching for the selected dial, the entire system started spurting out water. Water spouted straight up into the air and all over me. I quickly got the water turned off, turned on the dial, and started the water again. This time it only leaked a little, and most of the water went through the pipes under the driveway and over to the roses. Praise the Lord!

God is in full control of every thing that He has set in place. He knows exactly when a geyser is going to burst. Man on the other hand, is not in control of any thing, even the things that we make. Things that we make break whenever God choses to allow them to break...as He is in control of all that was, and is, and is to come.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I like your analogy.

I'm also glad you benefited from geology. My parents always said it was a beneficial class also.
;-D

Balvanz said...

That's neat, Janel...even though I did not enjoy science, it has definately given me a deeper appreciation for God's amazing creation!

Janel said...

Well Katie, I don't exactly have the same reason for apreciating geology that your parents did.:)

Anonymous said...

"God is in full control of every thing that He has set in place"

Wonderful, ain't it.

Isaacme said...

Me and science don't get along. To much memorizing facts.

My Blog List