Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Softball and Broadening Horizons

Softball is such a fun sport! It has been so much fun and, for me, very challenging. Last night our team won! It was a very fun game and everyone had a good attitude. Great job team! The other two SBCC teams played against each other which was a lot of fun to watch for the few minutes that I got to see them. It was a shame that both teams couldn't win, but such cannot be.

This morning I was thinking about how much I enjoy softball and so many other things in my life that just a year or two ago would not even have crossed my mind as things that I would ever be doing. You see, two years ago I would have told you that I would never play softball. In fact when someone from my church asked me to play softball I just laughed. A year before that I would have told you that I would never want to become a teacher (I'm now studying to get a teachers certificate) Furthermore, just a few years ago I would have told you I would never stop taking harp lessons and never stop drama and never stop AWANA, and never stop working in Vacation Bible Schools. Well I have stopped all those things and started ever so many things that are completely different than anything I would have chosen for my future pastimes just a few years ago.

This morning during my quiet time I was thanking the Lord for all of the comfort zones He has taken away from me because now I learn so many new things. The biggest comfort zone was Trinity Baptist Church. That was the biggest thing that I never would have thought I could give up. However, now the Lord has shown me new things through people at Silver Beach that I would never have learned at TBC. For me it was huge, yet God has a plan in all things and to Him each new change is a step upwards towards making us trust Him more. It is amazing how much we can be stretched, and yet in God's hands it is all in the creating of his masterpiece.

10 comments:

Boonie said...

I can so relate with you on this. If you were to have asked me if I wanted to be a teacher a few years ago I might have just laughed at them, but that's what I am doing now. It is kinda funny that way.

I finally got a picture on my profile. YES!!!!

Janel said...

Yea, good for you. I haven't found a picture that I wanted to put up yet....but then I will have Trev show me how.

Katie said...

I so relate to this post...as you well know. :)

Isaacme said...

I'll try to help some time sis.

Yes that was a fun game.

"But such cannot be"? ... I think we need to work on our English a little maybe?

Janel said...

I know. It isn't exactly a full sentance. It should read "but such cannot be the case." or something like that.

Balvanz said...

Good post, Janel...it's good to be pulled out of our comfort zones...and I'm so glad you're playing softball!! =)

Katie said...

You changed your template! :)

(That is my official statement of the obvious for the day.)

Janel said...

Good observation. Yes I did. I'm not sure yet if I like it. I might change it back for awhile and then have this one in the fall. What do you think?

Katie said...

I think you should change it to PINK for the summer and orange for fall. :)

Janel said...

Okay, I think I'll leave it this way for a week or something and then change it again. Or maybe not quite that long.

My Blog List