Saturday, May 5, 2007

A Prayer

But Lord, I long to give You back something. I must, I cannot continue living unless I give back to You a little of that magnificent love You bestow on me minute by minute. Yet alas, I have nothing to give, only my obedience. If I long to give something back to You so much, and my surrendered obedience is the only thing You ask for, then it would seem that I would master the task of full obedience to You. But such is not the case. My wicked heart strays from Your will. My mind wanders from the truth. And my mouth displays my sin for all the world to see. Yes, I am indeed an unworthy wretch. Yet Your love, Your forgiveness, Your mercy, is new every morning. It is a deep, deep well that never runs dry.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful, Janel.

I love your new "quote of the day".
Did you get it from Authentic Beauty? When I had read it in AB I typed and printed it out to go in my room.

Balvanz said...

That prayer is so true Janel...and I like the quote too! Thanks! :)

Janel said...

Yes Kelsey, I did get it from Authentic Beauty. I just finished reading it. It is a really good book!

Thanks Abbie.

Balvanz said...

I haven't read that. Who is it by?

Janel said...

It is by Leslie Ludy. I'll try to post a little bit of a review...

Balvanz said...

Great! :)

BTW it was fun playing with you last night!!

Katie said...

I should read Authentic Beauty too... :) Do you have a copy or were you borrowing it?

Janel said...

I was borrowing it. I might get it though....then you could borrow it from me.:)

It was fun playing with you too Abbie!!!

My Blog List