Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Adventures with(out) Cars

For nearly a week our family has been down to one vehicle. Our other car started out in a state of “making funny noises” then it got promoted, or rather demoted, to “not starting” Now it has it's hood taken completely off and the engine hanging from the rafter in the carport. You would be surprised to find all the places that you don't have to go to when you have four drivers and only one vehicle to take them all to the places they want to go. Furthermore, buses run hourly and legs take people places besides jogging around the block.

My favorite form of transportation, with lack of running motors, is to carpool. Frequently when there are two people needing to go two separate places at the same time one can be dropped off early and the other can drive to their destination. My brother and I are getting somewhat good at this now. Fortunately we also have neighbors who go to many of the same places we do, such as church, that we can ride with and grandparents who we can borrow a car from.

I have never been quite so aware of every single place any one in my family goes before. We are a busy bunch of people running around all over the place....and now all in one blue mini van.

10 comments:

Lisa Rae said...

I hear ya, girl! It is amazing how many places we go! Actually, my family is in a similar state. The little blue truck I've been driving decided to shudder to a halt (literally) in the left turn lane of Northwest as I was attempting to turn onto Bakerview. I was a little late for math class...

Balvanz said...

lol Janel!! I hope your car gets fixed soon. Thanks for the entertaining post. :)

sgreenjeans said...

What grand adventures!! Modern inventions are SUCH a pain. :D

Katie said...

So sad. :( :( Hope it gets fixed soon.

Janel said...

Thanks for your sympathy every one. I hope it get's fixed too. Dad is getting a part for it right now so hopefully it will soon be in a stage of "going back togehter" rather than "being taken appart"


I'm sorry Lisa about your truck. That is very sad. Were you able to make it to math that day?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting time - did Katie ever tell you about our little Honda!?
That died in the middle of the road...

Lisa Rae said...

Yeah, I made it to math. How's your poor vehicle faring?

Janel said...

Paul, she must have, she tells me every thing. Although I don't really remember the details. Was that at the Port Tounsin (sp?) house?

Well Lisa, there hasn't been much change so far. Dad was working on it today and I haven't heard an update yet so I'm not really sure.

Anonymous said...

No, that was in Tukwila.
*Katie's cue...*

Janel said...

Wasn't that on her way home from work? Didn't she park it in the parking lot at Papa Murphy's?

That is okay that she missed her cue....I think you might have missed a cue down below. (hint- maybe you could answer a question more clearly that was asked on post "West-B" Thanks)

My Blog List