Friday, May 11, 2007

Cabin Fever

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and everyone in the kindergarten class that I work in has a bit of cabin fever. It seemed that recess was about 45 minuets too late and about an hour to short. The warmer the weather, the shorter the attention spans of five and six year olds....yet in some odd way they remind me very much of college students. I'm continually finding myself watching a Frisbee game rather than my book or thinking about cold Italian sodas instead of math and logic. I truly understand what is going through that five year olds head when he asks “isn't it recess time yet?” From observing my fellow students it isn't much different with them.

Have fun in the sun every one!

8 comments:

Katie said...

Praying your test is going well.

Janel said...

Thank you. I think that it went pretty well. I'm just glad that it is over. :)

Balvanz said...

Oh I'm glad it went well!!

I totally have cabin fever...it is so hard to study during beautiful weather!! :)

Boonie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Boonie said...

I totally agree with you. It is very hard to consentrate on school in such nice weather as this.

I do have to make a coment though: when I first started to read "The sun is shining, the birds are singing", I was thinking that you were starting to quate a bad song. this i thought was very odd, then i read the rest and it all made sence to me.

thanx for the post. it is nice to have weather like this.

sorry, i know, i am posting this twice.

Janel said...

You got a name change. :)

Janel said...

Is that really from a bad song? I don't think I've heard it...I have heard that quote in other places though.

Thanks Abbie. I'm just glad that it is over. It really does make normal classes look like fun now. :)

Boonie said...

yea Emenem sings it. the title is "when I'm gone". but you could be using it from other quotes as well. it is not a bad frase, i just thought it was interesting that you would have quoted it from that song the first time i read it. and yes i did get a name change.

My Blog List