Friday, February 6, 2009

Answer = God

When I consider the frief span of my life absorbed into an eternity which comes before and after...the small space I occupy and which I see swallowed up in the infinite immensity of spaces of which I know nothing and which know nothing of me, I take fright and am amazed to see myself here rather than there: there is no reason for me to be here rather than there, now rather than then. Who puts me here? By whose command and act were this time and place allotted to me?

-Pascal, Pensees

The answer = God

3 comments:

Nicole Wright said...

Love that thought! So good to remind ourselves of our small existence, yet we are soooo precious to God!! :D

Corina said...

yes, that was really moving to think about our existence in this way. we're so small, yet so significant to our great God!

Corina said...

oh, and Janel, I tagged you for the 4 X 4 challenge! If you haven't seen the epidemic going around, these are the rules:

1. Go to your fourth picture folder
2. Go to the fourth picture.
3. Post it and explain it a bit!

Kelsey had tagged me: http://cuadradita.blogspot.com/2009/02/random-picture.html

My Blog List