Saturday, February 7, 2009

4 x 4


This is a little boy that we did baby weigh for when I was in Guatemala. Every couple of weeks we went to a families house (ok house as in what we would call shack). Then we hung a scale with a sling on it to put the babies in. Mothers would come from miles around to have their babies weighed. We gave them charts that showed just how underweight their child was and weight goals for each month of the child's life up to three years old.
Before going to these events we prepared caprecia (sp?) for the mothers to mix with water to help get some calories for their babies. It was made of dried milk and sugar. We mixed pounds and pounds of the stuff and then stuck our arms in and mixed it together. Then measured it into bags to hand to the mothers.
This baby was one of the cutest and stillest that we had. His mother was very sweet and enjoyed watching us hold him and take his picture.

I tag Katie D, Katy C, Trevor, Aiden (Nicole)

Rule 1: Go to your 4th picture folderRule
2: Find the 4th picture in that folderRule
3: Blog about that pictureRule 4:
Tag 4 people to do the same

11 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh he is so cute. Thats such a neat ministry thing! Very real way to help. hm I like that.

Unknown said...

He looks just fine with being in that sling.

Hmmm, I don't seem to have a 4th picture folder. Or a blog for that matter.

Janel said...

maybe you should work on those things. :)

How are you doing? I heard you were coming home to visit? Are you home now?

Unknown said...

I'll be back soon enough, current plan is to drive all the way up Saturday after next (with Jessica if plans work out). I'll only be around for a couple weeks, sadly.

Historian Anne said...

I remember when you told me the story about it at work. So sweet and so cute!

Janel said...

oh Jeremy, it will be good to see you again! How many Sundays will you be at church?

oh thats right Vanessa...I forget how often I talk about Guatemala :)

Aidyn Nicole said...

HAHAHAHA I don't have a fourth picture in the fourth folder, I do in the other nine folders.

Janel said...

well then you could rearange the folders so that the fourth one has a fourth picture. :)

Unknown said...

Only one Sunday, sadly. First one is going to largely be spent driving, I'll be around the second, and I have to be back here in Cali at noon on the third.

Aidyn Nicole said...

I could, actually if I just kept editing my photos, I would have a lot in that folder

Janel said...

exactly!

wow, how many times can the same people come back to the same post and make more comments....maybe I should make a new post. :)

My Blog List