Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Road

Last night I slept very few hours. Why? Because of the book I was reading. After I finished I looked at the back cover where it states that it is “unputdownable” that was an understatement. At one point I was ready to throw it down hop on a plane (pajamas and all) and do something (I didn't know what) about the condition in Cambodia. I was reading the autobiography of Somaly Mam called The Road of Lost Innocence it is the story of a girl who was sold into the human slave trade and about the horrors she went through. (I'll refrain from going into any more detail for my more squeamish readers.) The part that truly inspired me was what she did after she went through that living hell. She went back and helped other girls in the same condition. This book inspired me to find what I can do to help those in the most horrible earthly conditions possible and to pray more fervently for them. I don't know yet what I can do to help these girls more. However, I do intend to pray for them daily. Please join your prayers with mine before the throne of God.

3 comments:

sgreenjeans said...

Hey Janel! I'm glad you mention this. You should check www.warmblankets.org. They sponser Cambodian orphans (and orphans from a few other places too).

Janel said...

That looks like a great organization as well. Very different than the Somaly Mam organization. But it sounds really neat and interesting too I'm glad you are interested in Warm Blankets. Have you been working or volunteering with Warm Blankets?

Janel said...

Oh I see Warm Blankets does partly work to rescue orphans in brothels. Very neat!

My Blog List