Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Holy Spirit's prayer

I have just finished reading through the book of Romans for my quiet time. There are lots of encouraging things and also things that Paul commends the church at Rome. Here are a couple of the verses that I found most encouraging

8:26-27 “And in the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groaning too deep for word; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

Wow, the Holy Spirit is praying in order to help us in our weakness. It is so good to know that even when I don't know how to pray the Holy Spirit is praying in my behalf and with such fervency. It is so humbling for me to think that He prays always according to the will of God. My heart's desire is that I would also pray according to the will of God. What a challenge, what a long journey to holiness. My heart bubbles over with gratefulness that Christ is with me all the way as I strive to be more holy and to pray like the Holy Spirit prays.

2 comments:

Balvanz said...

Thanks Janel. That's a good reminder to always have true gratitude and thankfulness for what the Lord has done in my life!

Unknown said...

Wow, somehow I missed that verse. That is very encouraging, knowing how short and/or simple my prayers too often are.

My Blog List