Monday, January 8, 2007

A Confession

I have a confession to make: I really have a hard time being consistent with my memorizing of scripture. It isn't that I don't want to, it isn't even that it is really difficult for me. It is just my own laziness.

I'm actually not telling you this just for the fact that I like telling people about my own failings. My hope is that perhaps you may be encouraged to memorize scripture more consistently or if there is another area that you are struggling in that you would be encouraged to make the sacrifices necessary in order to overcome that struggle.

Here are some things that I do to make myself memorize. Maybe you will be able to apply some of them to your current goals.

Have an accountability partner (right now that is my parents and a few of my friends)
Have a specific time of day that I try to memorize.
Put what I'm trying to memorize in a place that it will be very convenient for me and that I will look at often.

As someone great once said: Just keep on keep'n on.

No comments:

My Blog List