Monday, June 15, 2009

When God's People Pray

“How are you doing?” “I've been praying for you” “I've been concerned about you” “I got the email” These are things I have heard a lot lately. I am so thankful for the people who have been praying for me over the last few weeks. It has been amazing to know that they started praying for me and are dedicated to not stopping. God has laid it on several peoples hearts. Apparently there was even an email asking people to pray for me. I was pretty sick. I was humbled to explain that I just had a cold but that it was really, really, REALLY bad. Although I was so blessed by what one older Godly sister in Christ told me when I explained how God was teaching me and humbling me. I'll remember what she said for a long time. Her thoughts were “God kept you in bed praying where you need to be.” It stuck me how very true that was. God was humbling me and keeping me away from places I wanted to be but I was kept close to God. I was kept in a position of praying and dependent on God. God had me and others praying. It was amazing and God's healing was made sweeter knowing that He used it to get people started praying for me. Then had them continue in prayer by praying for entire summer ministries.

2 comments:

Historian Anne said...

I'm so glad you can now look back on that time and reflect on His faithfullness! Isn't it amazing how others can bless you during such difficult times? I am so glad the Lord helped you past this difficult quarter and you'll still be in the program next fall!

Isaacme said...

glad to see you're better sis.

My Blog List