Sunday, June 14, 2009

New Hobby

I havea new hobby. I like listening to sermons. I've started going through several series by Mark Driscoll. Although I don't agree with everything he says he preaches straight from the Bible. I've been listening to several sermons a day and have been loving it. I kind of started to wonder if there is something strange about a girl who likes listening to sermons so much...if there is, that's just too bad. If you are hungry to hear God's word preached more you can get your fix here. I highly suggest the current sermon series. You can also see pastor Mark's blog here.

4 comments:

Nicole Wright said...

Yea for listening to sermons! I've listened to some of Driscol and lately I've been listening to Steve Brown: http://www.keylife.org/ also *very* good!! :D

Janel said...

oooo yay, sounds good. I'll listen to that when I catch up with Driscoll :)

Historian Anne said...

I think that is a commendable hobby. Nothing I can say against it!

Elizabeth said...

Yay sermons! Driscoll is a good one, as are C.J. Mahaney, John Piper and Matt Chandler.

One thing I learned, though, was that you can't listen to so many that they just become background noise. I found that I 'overdosed' on them a bit and wasn't really getting anything out of them because the sermon had just become background. With the right balance, though, they are wonderful!

My Blog List