Monday, September 1, 2008

Fourth Location

The forth location was in the small town of VanZandt (near Acme...kinda) we started off our week by meeting an elderly woman who sweetly told us in a halting very elderly lady type voice “We are a bit limited here, but we do have a bucket of water so you can flush the toilet.” Little did I know just how much this place would feel like a foreign mission field. We were without any running water the entire week and one day without electricity. Also the huge garter snakes under the building greatly influenced my prayer “Maybe I will be willing to go to Siberia instead of the Amazon Lord.” We had about 15 children which was a very good number for that small town and considering that the church down the street less than a mile away was also having a Vacation Bible School. This particular week I took some time away from the group to pray and think and organize. It was a good time of refreshment with the Lord. While I prayed and read in the car I had one of the leaders take over my position as director. It was fun to watch how she directed the group and how every one grew and learned through this time. The children at this location were fairly open to the gospel. I got to share the gospel with several children and one came to Christ. Also many of the children were living or staying with grandparents during this time and although we knew that many of them were hurting it was neat to watch how they took care of one another.

2 comments:

Katie said...

That place was SO small it was hilarious!!!!

Janel said...

yeah, good thing we didn't have very many kids.

My Blog List